Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dropped my 650GT today.

I know this is an old thread but wanted to add a bit. A lot of people have a problem when coming to a stop, especially if they can't flat foot both feet on the ground due to the bike's seat height. I just stick my left leg out to the side as I come to a stop. This insures the bike will tilt to the left as it stops so there's none of that insecurity about which side the bike will heel toward.
    2013 C650GT 1994 K1100LT

Quote Originally Posted by tensixmom View Post
    I dropped mine today! (I guess I said that in another thread... oops). I did manage to get it back up (it fell on its right side so I did have the side stand down during the process which helped it not to go over the other way) and was very pleasantly surprised that I could do it. Maybe it was adrenaline...
    Maybe it was technique ... Or, maybe it was adrenaline. The key probably is to, #1 Know that nearly all of us have dropped a bike or two and if you ride in dirt/sand you've been down a bunch of times, #2 There ain't no shame in it. Happens to pros, too, and #3 Your bike may be a very important part of your life and you don't want it messed up....but you are A LOT more important. Get out of the way.

Uuggghhhhhhh I dropped it again the other day, trying to turn into my driveway! Well it's doubly properly scratched up now! So irritated with myself!

Sorry. Had to come here to vent.