Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hard Cases Revisited and Done

Yep, heat resistant, stainless steel strap ties!! It's all solid now. Just curious to see how all of this will have any affect on handling....
    "Chance favors the prepared mind" Louis Pasteur

When I first got my 2013 GT, I was not interested in side cases, Now that I want a set I cannot locate a set of the Givi PL5106 mounting racks. If anyone knows where I can acquire a set, please let me know.

Rack source

Send an email to [email protected], he may be able to get one from Canada. I got mine through Petes Superbike, again Canadian, [email protected]
    Good luck!
    "Chance favors the prepared mind" Louis Pasteur

Quote Originally Posted by mjnorris View Post
    When I first got my 2013 GT, I was not interested in side cases, Now that I want a set I cannot locate a set of the Givi PL5106 mounting racks. If anyone knows where I can acquire a set, please let me know.
    MJNORRIS,

Try searching for Kappa KL5106 also. These are the same as the Givi racks, think this is what Lee ended up with but same, not sure what association between Givi and Kappa.

FortNine in Canada shows stock, not sure if they ship to USA but may be able to talk to someone and arrange it if cannot be done directly from Web Order. Don't know too much about this company but seems to be reputable Canadian dealer and Ryan from this company makes some very informative and entertaining videos on YouTube.

https://fortnine.ca/en/kappa-tubular...-holder-kl5106

Haven't figured if these are still in production and we just can't get them here in USA or there is just leftover stock here and there but hard to find.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2014 C650GT Quartz Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Yep, heat resistant, stainless steel strap ties!! It's all solid now. Just curious to see how all of this will have any affect on handling....
    Lee,

So far I took mine on a 600 mile trip and didn't even notice them back there. Handling didn't seem any different. Tried to put all heavier items in panniers and under seat and everything sits even lower than it would if you had a passenger on back. I did have to remember they were there when I tried to squeeze between some cars in the driveway and started to get too close and needed to adjust my line.

Mark
    2014 C650GT Quartz Blue Metallic