View Poll Results: For my type of riding, what do you recommend?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • C650 GT

8 100.00%
  • Sport

0 0%

Thread: New GT or Sport- Please help me decide

Question New GT or Sport- Please help me decide

Hi,
    I live in San Fran, and am trying to decide between a C650 Sport or GT. GT (I test rode today) is comfier, has more room, and seems more technologically advanced. Sport (still haven't gone on a ride) seems to be more fun, agile, and better for cities.

80% of my riding is in town or commuting, 20% is within 100mi of home. Wife and I ride 2-up frequently.

I like lane splitting because i also like being on-time for work, and not waiting behind cars. Can the GT filter easily? I didn't have an opportunity to test that today.

I've read most reviews that I could find and watched a ton of videos- and I just can not decide between the two of them. What is your advice?

Sfrider I don't think the GT is that much wider than the sport but if you and the wife ride 2 up just remember the sport has pegs for the rear rider and the GT has basically a foot platform like you have up front. My girlfriend said the seat on the GT is very comfortable. The sport to me is just a stripped down version of the GT. I don't think you can go wrong with the GT because I love mine but that's just my two cents.
    Life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% of how you respond to it.

SDS- I did not know about the pegs/board situation. Do you find it sluggish at all? I read that compared to the sport it drags a bit.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sfrider View Post
    SDS- I did not know about the pegs/board situation. Do you find it sluggish at all? I read that compared to the sport it drags a bit.

Thanks!
    It's HEAVIER...

Skutorr is right it is heavier but that was the one thing I considered because if you have ever ridden a lighter bike on the highway they get blown around quite a bit. To me it depends on length of ride. As far as sluggish I have already put a giannelli exhaust on mine and removed the baffle or some refer to it as the DB killer and found it has a little more get up and go not to mention its definitely a little louder. But its got a cat so your not going to get street bike performance upgrading the exhaust. The other thing I like about the GT is the glove boxes. The one on the left locks when you crank the handlebars all the way to the left so when you have your registration, insurance and other valuables you don't have to worry.
    Life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% of how you respond to it.

I've never ridden a Sport to compare to, but I would not call the GT sluggish. I think there can be a bit of a lag/delay off the line and at certain speeds depending on how you ride, but you can easily leave most cars as little dots in your rear view mirrors if you want. When I ride with friends on 1000cc+ sport touring bikes they often comment on how quickly I sometimes pull away from them. Will you beat a sportsbike - no; will you beat a Harley - quite possibly; will you beat your average car - most likely. We don't lane split here, but I've found my GT to have ample power and reserve around town and on the Interstate cruising at 80MPH wit the ability to pass and move when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by sfrider View Post

Thanks!
    2014 C650GT Quartz Blue Metallic

I don't find my GT sluggish, also the new models have been reworked to have faster off the line performance. Most important to me is that the GT carries more stuff under the seat. With the top box on I can carry almost as much as I could on my Goldwing. I wouldn't trade my '13 GT for a new Sport. Nothing wrong with the Sport mind you it's just that the GT has more utility value. I don't like having to wear a back pack to carry stuff on a motorcycle or scooter. One other thing I like on my GT is that the weather protection is as good or better than my GL1800 was, the electrically controlled windshield is great. I never felt the need to go to an aftermarket windshield. If you plan to do more than hot rod around the GT is the right choice. Get it with the Highline package on it, The top box is very handy.
    2013 C650GT 1994 K1100LT