Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing Rear Brake Disc

Removing Rear Brake Disc

Thought it would be an easy switch to replace the rear brake pads and disc, but I cannot figure out how to get the rear disc off. There doesn't seem to be a way to get a Torx bit in that confined space. I look on google and youtube with no luck. Am I missing something?
    Any suggestions?

Thanks - Robert

Here's what I have from 2015 manual - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step1.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	2028 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step2.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	2029 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step3.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	2030

Why the disks (rotors)? I can understand the pads, how many km or miles do you have on the scooter.

I have replaced the pads but not the rotors (disks) I now have close to 48,000 with no worries
    A bad day on the C650 GT Scooter is better than any day at work
    Keep your right hand cranked

justscootin,

For reference, at about how many miles did you replace the pads at? front? rear? parking or all?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by justscootin View Post
    Why the disks (rotors)? I can understand the pads, how many km or miles do you have on the scooter.

I have replaced the pads but not the rotors (disks) I now have close to 48,000 with no worries
    2014 C650GT Quartz Blue Metallic

Thanks. I guess I have to look for a really short T-40 Torx bit.

Quote Originally Posted by justscootin View Post

I have 30,000 miles. This is an aftermarket upgrade. I never been really satisfied with the rear brake, so I thought I would tackle that first and avoid having the dealer do it.

Quote Originally Posted by francisthepig View Post
    Thanks. I guess I have to look for a really short T-40 Torx bit.
    I ended up using a T40 hex bit and a small adjustable (crescent) wrench. A complete PITA but do'able. Be sure to use anti-seize on the bolts when you re-install them.

BTW, Did you go with BMW discs ($200 EACH) or the aftermarket Brembo ones? I went with the aftermarket, seem to function identically at 1/3 the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    I ended up using a T40 hex bit and a small adjustable (crescent) wrench. A complete PITA but do'able. Be sure to use anti-seize on the bolts when you re-install them.

BTW, Did you go with BMW discs ($200 EACH) or the aftermarket Brembo ones? I went with the aftermarket, seem to function identically at 1/3 the cost.
    I went with the Malossi Whoop Discs. I ended up ordering the shortest T-40 I could find on Amazon and will be re-attempting coming up on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by francisthepig View Post
    I went with the Malossi Whoop Discs. I ended up ordering the shortest T-40 I could find on Amazon and will be re-attempting coming up on the weekend.
    Cool, good luck! Can you post the supplier and part number for the Malossi disc?