Thread: Scooter Birthday

Scooter Birthday

On this day 5 years ago today I picked my scooter up at the dealer. The scooter now has 49000km on it and has gone on flawlessly. The recalls - side stand switch, cam chain tensioner, luggage rack and the switches have all been done. I am waiting to do the brake line till I am ready to do the brake fluid (next year) I will have the dealer do just the front line and fluid and I will do the back.

My own maintenance I have done

At the 25000km (15000 mile) point

Brake fluid front and back
    The belt
    Rear chain adjuster and gear oil
    Air filter
    Brake pads
    An adjustment to the parking brake
    Washed the scooter (first and last time) Platinum Bronze does not show dirt
    I have changed the oil and filter 6 times

I am on my 3rd back tire and my 4th front tire

3 low beam bulbs

Coming soon (December) I will be stripping the bike down (all that plastic) and replacing the transmission fluid you have to drop the radiator and exhaust (so the manual says) my goal is to get 1000 more to roll 50000. I will then do a new belt rear chain adjuster and whatever else I see need doing such as valve adjustment.

Oh by the way, I don't trust dealers for service as they are not doing what they are supposed to do. If you read other posts the dealers are doing a lot of work not needed costing the consumer.

The way the maintenance schedule is written you have to read between the lines sometimes to understand it
    Last edited by justscootin; 10-12-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    A bad day on the C650 GT Scooter is better than any day at work
    Keep your right hand cranked

That is a testament to the quality of these bmw scooters and I hope I will be posting the same thing in five years about my scoot. Good to hear man and congrats.
    Life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% of how you respond to it.

Were the brake pads worn out at 15K miles? Iím at 12K and they appear OK for now but will check all pads when I replace tires in near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 C650GT Quartz Blue Metallic

If I remember correctly I had life on the pads but while I was doing the brake fluid I might as well do the pads at the same time because the cost was pretty good for the pads (better here in Canada than the USA) I used the EBC pads

Quote Originally Posted by bicyclenut View Post
    Were the brake pads worn out at 15K miles? I’m at 12K and they appear OK for now but will check all pads when I replace tires in near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A bad day on the C650 GT Scooter is better than any day at work
    Keep your right hand cranked