Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintenance Schedule

Maintenance Schedule

anybody see any schedule for these things? the owner's manual just makes it sound like "annually", but no schedule as far as valve adjustments, etc.
    i'm guessing they are supposing we won't put a lot of miles on annually??? what about us 10K'ers?
    i'd really like to see a schedule somewhere!

Spoke to a tech today and he said the valve adjustment is at 24000 miles and he didn't seem to concerned if you went over that by thousands of miles

My technician told me I was fine with 30,000 miles however the performance might start to deteriorate if you go over that.

my tech said along with the belt change at 12K, the chain and sprocket will need replacing at that time, too. he said sport bikes typically have their chains and sprockets replaced every 10K, so maybe that makes sense? and it doesn't sound like the belt is easy to get to. he thought maybe BMW underestimated the fact that many of their scooter customers are going to be converts from their other bikes and put lots of miles on. sounds like these service intervals may be bit pricey???

The chain/sprocket in in a SEALED housing with an oil bath. Wear will be MINIMAL if at all. The "Tech" seems to be unaware that it is NOT an exposed chain system...oops.

Quote Originally Posted by the jer View Post
    anybody see any schedule for these things? the owner's manual just makes it sound like "annually", but no schedule as far as valve adjustments, etc.
    i'm guessing they are supposing we won't put a lot of miles on annually??? what about us 10K'ers?
    i'd really like to see a schedule somewhere!
    I have all the schedules in my possession but had difficulty uploading them. I have sent them to webbikeworld.com and he has put them on his site as of today December 19. When you see a number before the item in the list that is for the dealer to recognize if the item has been done previously

The basics are Maintenance Schedule BMW C 650 GT & Sport

1,000km (Running-in service) (600 mile)
    - engine oil + filter + set strainer

10,000km (Engine oil service) (6000 mile)
    -engine oil + filter

20,000km (Minor service) (12000 mile)
    -engine oil + filter, CVT belt + roller bearings, air filter and etc.

30,000km (Engine oil service) (18000 mile)
    -engine oil + filter

40,000km (Major service) (24000 mile)
    -engine oil + filter, gearbox oil, rear axle oil, air filter, spark plug, CVT belt + roller bearings, chain + sprockets, gaskets + oil seals + O-rings and etc.
    Last edited by justscootin; 12-19-2012 at 07:06 AM.
    A bad day on the C650 GT Scooter is better than any day at work
    Keep your right hand cranked

Quote Originally Posted by justscootin View Post
    I have all the schedules in my possession but had difficulty uploading them. I have sent them to webbikeworld.com and he has put them on his site as of today December 19. When you see a number before the item in the list that is for the dealer to recognize if the item has been done previously

The basics are Maintenance Schedule BMW C 650 GT & Sport

1,000km (Running-in service) (600 mile)
    - engine oil + filter + set strainer

10,000km (Engine oil service) (6000 mile)
    -engine oil + filter

20,000km (Minor service) (12000 mile)
    -engine oil + filter, CVT belt + roller bearings, air filter and etc.

30,000km (Engine oil service) (18000 mile)
    -engine oil + filter

40,000km (Major service) (24000 mile)
    -engine oil + filter, gearbox oil, rear axle oil, air filter, spark plug, CVT belt + roller bearings, chain + sprockets, gaskets + oil seals + O-rings and etc.
    NICE! I will have to remember this for my own bike.

I sent the administrator the schedules but be never posted them so here they are Maintenance schedules

I am also on the bmwmoa site
    Jeff
    A bad day on the C650 GT Scooter is better than any day at work
    Keep your right hand cranked

I had my 600 mile 1st service on my c600 at my dealer. $248.00 seems a bit excessive. What have others paid?

I paid about USD 228.00 the oil is expensive, its only a rebrand Castrol.