Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Larger windscreen for C650GT

Quote Originally Posted by SteveADV View Post
    Ok. I gotta figure out how to work "aspheric curve" into a conversation. Probably wouldn't pass HR muster so can't do it at work. Maybe at poker tomorrow when we start talking politics.
    Sorry SteveADV, I didnít know there were any Hog riders in here.

And I donít mean to impugn the virtue of hirsute porcine mammals.

I should have said that the original screen is curved like a beer-belly and the CalSci screen is round like a Tampon-tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Grample View Post
    Sorry SteveADV, I didn’t know there were any Hog riders in here.

And I don’t mean to impugn the virtue of hirsute porcine mammals.

I should have said that the original screen is curved like a beer-belly and the CalSci screen is round like a Tampon-tube.
    I can't stop laughing ...
    2016 C650 GT in Custom Ruby Red Metallic CC

Ok. Now I understand.

I recently fitted a large Calsi screen to my 2016GT and like others needed to modify the mounting holes, it appears that Calsi are still working to their original (incorrect) dimensions. Having said that it's far better than the original BMW one which merely deflected turbulent air onto my helmet unless the screen was positioned at it's lowest setting.

ZTechnik VStream Touring Windshield for C650GT - Z2496

I know that VStream windshield sounds like it is not well liked around here due to back pressure, but I like that it is very clear and when I saw it was on sale cheaper than a wunderlich spoiler, I couldn't resist pulling the trigger. I can't imagine it being worse than the stock (I prefer air on my back then on my face in this weather)

One thing that I wasn't able to confirm before purchase was if there would be any issue installing on the 2017 since they list the same part number for ALL C650GT.

I figured what the heck, worse case I'll have to deal with the problem with the dremel.

Well, I am happy to report, the screen installed without modification. The holes were not "round" but instead were long horizontally, so I imagine it would fit both generations.

I have not had a chance to ride with it on yet since even last night we saw snow here. However, once I'm done typing this, I will probably go out for a spin and see.

Who knows, I might even come back and post pictures and stuff.

Cheers!

When the Aeroflow screen on my old K1200LT finally started developing some cracks I wasn't able to replace it with another Aeroflow as they had stopped making that shield some years ago. Fortunately VStream still makes a model for the K1200LT and thanks to the suggestion of several other riders who held on to their trusty K1200LTs, I bought one. It took some getting used to, as it looks "odd" with the flare at the top of the screen but it works VERY well. I haven't had my passenger testify to its effectiveness from her position on the bike yet, but from my standpoint it works about as well as the old Aeroflow. I wasn't aware they started making screens for the C650GT. That's good to know.
    Jaime A. Cruz
    Nassau Wings Motorcycle Club
    http://www.nassauwings.org
    http://www.freddysrun.org

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeC View Post
    When the Aeroflow screen on my old K1200LT finally started developing some cracks I wasn't able to replace it with another Aeroflow as they had stopped making that shield some years ago. Fortunately VStream still makes a model for the K1200LT and thanks to the suggestion of several other riders who held on to their trusty K1200LTs, I bought one. It took some getting used to, as it looks "odd" with the flare at the top of the screen but it works VERY well. I haven't had my passenger testify to its effectiveness from her position on the bike yet, but from my standpoint it works about as well as the old Aeroflow. I wasn't aware they started making screens for the C650GT. That's good to know.
    Yes they have three sizes, me really wanting to hide behind a screen bought the "Touring" version and wow is it big.
    I can only see over the screen when it is on its lowest setting and I'm sitting straight up.

I'm about 5'10~5'11 with short legs so.... I think the Touring is probably more suitable for 6'2 + riders.

However I can say I don't mind looking through it. It was very clear so while it probably wasn't the best choice I am going to give it a go. I rode today without earplugs (due to the temperature I only hop on the highway for maybe 5 mins, the rest were max 80km/hr roads). I was able to hear music clearly with volumn at mid level where as with the stock windscreen I wasn't able to really do that unless I had it all the way down in which case my face would freeze lol.