Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Larger windscreen for C650GT

Question Larger windscreen for C650GT

While riding, I listen to podcasts via my Sena SMH10 Bt in my helmet. I used to wear a Shoei, which was very quiet, however, I've found that the mirrors on the scooter left a lot to be desired as far as visibility directly behind you. Enter the Reevu helmet with it's rear view system which mimics pretty well, IMHO, a car rear view mirror function. Unfortunately, the Reevu is very noisy with it's visor closed. Sooo...I went ahead and ordered a Wunderlich wind deflector, which does a pretty good job of minimizing wind noise in my helmet. Again, unfortunately, I just can't get over the optics of the Wunderlich. You see, in order for me to make the Wunderlich work, I have to raise the C650GT windscreen to it's fully raised position. This brings the Wunderlich right smack in my field of view (I'm 6'1") . I don't know if it is the material with which the Wunderlich is made out of or it's curvature but to me the image of the road thru and beyond it's not the best.

If I hunch down and look thru the C650GT, the view is way better and clearer. I'd love to know from current owners if they have found a taller windscreen that can be installed and replace the one from the factory and would still work with the scooter's windshield up/down mechanism.

I had contacted Cee Bailey and they said they were looking into creating shields for the C scooters but had no production plans yet. I think it's just too early for aftermarket support for this, especially since it sells in few numbers outside of Italy.

I have had windshields from Madstad engineering for my Honda silver wing and 09 Can-Am se5 spyder and also a Piaggio mp3 500 Mark at Madstad will make the shield if there is enough bikes sold and there is a want for them they are the best shields that I have had on all the bikes I have owned and you could adjust them to your liking and these were for bikes that had non adjustable shields a really good product.

I e-mailed Mark at Madstad Engineering the other day and he replied that he will be checking out both models and taking measurements for the windshield I'M sure he will come up with some good alternatives for the existing shields on both bikes. looking forward to see what he comes up with.

Mark at CALSCI has a windshield in development now for the C650GT. I have had a couple of his screens and have found them to be very quiet and help to greatly reduce buffeting. Check the website for more information on his products.

http://www.calsci.com/
    2014 Honda CTX700D
    2013 BMW C650GT(traded)
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mark at CALSCI has a windshield in development for the C650GT. I have had two of his windshields in the past and they have provided reduced buffeting and better overall airflow.
    2014 Honda CTX700D
    2013 BMW C650GT(traded)
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Paige at Aeroflow hasn't updated his website lately (it still says the new screens will be available in late JUNE), however I called them and they say they expect the new screens to be available at the end of this month. I have an Aeroflow screen on my K1200LT, and if the screen they're making for the C650GT is only half as good, it'll be better than the stock screen. I was HOPING I'd have the new screen in time for my trip to Indianapolis, but no such luck.

Here's a link:
    http://www.aeroflowscreens.com/PaigesPonderin.htm
    Last edited by JaimeC; 08-13-2013 at 05:18 AM.
    Jaime A. Cruz
    Nassau Wings Motorcycle Club
    http://www.nassauwings.org
    http://www.freddysrun.org

I have the MRA X-creen add-on from my old bike that I put on my C600. I'm 6 feet tall and the stock windshield at it highest setting wasn't quite enough for me. Certainly easy to install on your existing screen for about $150. The nice thing is that you don't lose your investment if you even decide to sell like I did with my old bike. Just move it over to the new bike as its universal.

Here is a picture of the Prototype Aeroflo:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3270320.jpg 
Views:	706 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	200

GIVI makes a Touring Screen for the 650, here is a link to it at GIVI USA:

C650GT '12' : D5106ST WINDSHIELD

and a Picture:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16N,!)cE9s4PsSrTBRljyb2N7Q~~60_35.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	201