Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECU Reflash

ECU Reflash

Has anyone had their ECU reflashed to remove the speed limiter? I'm getting tired of answering "How fast will it go?" with "Well, it's electronically limited to 110." It's still pulling when it bumps the limiter (professional rider, closed course, etc.) And for purely scientific reasons, I'd like to know the true top speed.

The top speed is.....How fast you can fall over a cliff vis-a-vis Thelma and Louise.

How important is the top speed to you? The top speed on either of the BMW C bikes is FAR beyond my skill set on the average road.

Track days are no fun if you know there's another 10-12mph in there that you're being refused access to by a bunch of malevolent electrons.

My GT is still noticeably accelerating when it hits the limiter, there's gotta be another 5-10 mph it could reach. The bike feels just as solid at 100+ as my Goldwing did with the exception of the GW's smoother ride. Not that the Gt is unstable or hard riding, it's just that the big GW's weight and larger wheels and suspension give it an advantage.
    2013 C650GT 1994 K1100LT

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby4Life View Post
    Track days are no fun if you know there's another 10-12mph in there that you're being refused access to by a bunch of malevolent electrons.
    Good point. Track days are a different beast altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveADV View Post
    Good point. Track days are a different beast altogether.
    And sportbike squid hunting is so much more fun when you're an old fat guy on a scooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby4Life View Post
    And sportbike squid hunting is so much more fun when you're an old fat guy on a scooter.
    Yup. Ain't that the truth.

Nothing as much fun as beating a HD Sportster off the line at a traffic signal. I wish someone knew how to eliminate the power hold back on these scooters. I don't want to wait to get to 8mph or so before getting full power. We gotta get some respect for maxi-scooters!

WHAT TO I WANT! FULL POWER! WHEN DO I WANT IT? NOW!
    2013 C650GT 1994 K1100LT

Kinda surprised there's no info on this.

If it has maps, it can be optimized.

I have a friend in Greece that does this for a living, I just need to DL the file from the ECU..THAT'S the hard ($) part...
    San Jose, CA
    2018 White 650GT

The reason for the limitation is because of the speed rating on the tires. Check your tire specs. That extra 10 - 12 mph is no good if your tires come apart on the track.