Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Admore Smart Light Bar installed

New Admore Smart Light Bar installed

Finished my second lighting upgrade tonight, installed the Admore Smart Light-Bar on the C650GT

http://www.admorelighting.com/AdMore-Light-Bar-Premium

After some research online found the information needed to location and wire colors needed for installation. Admore states CANBUS compatible and all seems to be working OK after installation. Even found the underseat power plug option connector that I may utilize later on when I had things apart. I found that it is an always on circuit so not controlled by ignition/key on.

Mounted just below luggage rack and conveniently there is a removable plug that allows the cable to be routed into the tail lamp area and around to the wires required so no drilling or damage to any tupperware. Removal of a section of wire wrap and 5 posi-tap connectors included with light was only alterations needed to get it working. Match up BMW colored wires with Admore wires per instructions and all was working before cleaning up the wiring and rewrapping and securing the harness.

I tried to take some photos along the way but didn't remember to do so at all the steps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3264.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	1713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3266.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	1714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3273.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	1715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3274.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	1716Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3278.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	1717

Very nice, thanks for posting!!!

I'd like one, I'm just not sure if I'm Mr. Wizard when it comes to electrical wiring!! ��
    "Chance favors the prepared mind" Louis Pasteur

Lee,

I understand your hesitation. Initially I said I wouldn't mess with any of the OEM wiring until out of warranty. I've got background in automotive but in management and not so much hands-on. I had installed the older version on my Honda, but I was able to purchase a custom made plug that allowed you to just plug in at the harness connection and match wires on the connector so no messing with OEM wiring. An without a Service Manual yet, I was working off info from the web and other owners.

In the end, it did take a long time as I removed some parts I did not need to and I was going at it slow to not mess anything up. Overall it was rather easy, not too many fasteners to remove and connection was easy with no real technical knowledge needed if you followed the direction and matched everything up OK. The posi-tap electrical connectors really make the electrical wiring easy and no tools needed.

Drive here to Illinois or fly me out to California and I'd gladly help you, but I think someone who has some mechanical aptitude could probably do it. I can probably post a more detailed step by step procedure, just wish I had taken more photos to show all the steps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3283.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	1718

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I'd like one, I'm just not sure if I'm Mr. Wizard when it comes to electrical wiring!! ��

Here is a video of the workings of the lightbar. Probably not the best camera angle, but gives you the idea. I switched the initial braking pulse settings and not sure if too much, but certainly hard to miss. May tone the settings back down. All can be altered and programmed with a USB cable connected to a laptop.

I like it. I don't think you can have enough lights to help folks take their eyes off their cel phones. I've seen a couple recent cycles get rear-ended by cars and wondered if the flash dazzle of these LED's might have helped. I put the admores in my top BMW box but seeing yours below makes me want to add them also!
    There's nothing like looking when you're trying to find something.
    - The Gaffer

Great mods, all of them! Like Lee, I don't mess with those things. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    2013 C600 Sport (gone)
    2016 Piaggio BV 350
    Ducati Sixty2

Bicyclenut:

Thank you! Actually, I grew up about 200 miles west of Chicago, but I and my family moved away from there a long time ago! You can come out here after Labor Day and go on my trip up to Crater Lake in Oregon. My latest "mod" was to add the DrySpec D38 bag to the back of the bike. I'll give that a test ride when I head up in Oregon tomorrow for just a day trip up and back. However, I do like that LED light bar!! Maybe I'll check with my local dealer, Ozzie's in Chico to see if they
    would do it and how much they would charge. Safe riding!!! Also, in the Fall edition of BMW Motorcycle Magazine there's a rider story and pics from a C650GT rider and also info about rides in Eastern Oregon.

Also, do we know if any of the Clearwater Light products, brake lights & front LED's, are compatible with the BMW scooters??

I read somewhere , that the Japanese studied what would attract attention, and found that a "face" like look, attracts attention best.

My opinion is, we need every car to have those automatic braking systems. And, guess what, automatic braking was developed in the 1950's, and we are just getting it in production cars now!!

I know several people who have been rear ended at stop lights. I try to point my bike so I can get out of the way if I see a car is not stopping behind me.