Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bmw security chain

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeC View Post
    .....So far the only thing I've used it for is locking my riding suit to the scooter (via the grab rails) when I just wanted to walk around without looking like something out of a comic book....
    Oh man, I am picturing that now.

Merry Christmas to all you guys.

I do the exact same thing with a cable lock. The bike came with the alarm on it, I have tested it and it works but I have never used it in 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeC View Post
    I carry a cable lock I bought from Cycle Gear. So far the only thing I've used it for is locking my riding suit to the scooter (via the grab rails) when I just wanted to walk around without looking like something out of a comic book (and the underseat storage was full).
    Last edited by justscootin; 12-23-2016 at 04:28 AM.
    A bad day on the C650 GT Scooter is better than any day at work
    Keep your right hand cranked

What advantage if any would this lock have over the steering lock is it more secure.

Thanks

I had the same question in mind as well. I can see carrying a piece of chain and a lock that could fit through the front or rear wheel to prevent rolling the bike but don't see the point of locking the fork with a chain. I'm glad scooters aren't popular here in the US, sometimes I think you could set it out on the road with a "free" sign on one and never get it sold. Never heard of one being stolen around these parts.
    2013 C650GT 1994 K1100LT