Thread: Hello from Melbourne, Australia

Hello from Melbourne, Australia

Hi there,

and "Thank you!" for taking me into the fold.

I am about to become a happy owner of a 2017 CS650Sport here in downunder.
    After decades of riding bikes, several of them BMW and after having just completed a 25.000km tour from Valdivostok to Spain, I am ready to 'step down' or should I say "Step Over!" to a scoot.
    I always oogled the C1 when it came out 20 years or so ago. NIL in Australia, but I see many when in Germany - still riding around and looking remarkably different.
    Now it's time! - the white 650 will soon arrive. Have already in mind doing a 6000km round-trip Melbourne - Cairns (Far-North Queensland) and back. This should give me a good settling-in period

Already I have studied the many post on accessories etc - shall report back when I've put on some myself.
    As I have been doing most work on my bikes myself, I wonder where to get a maintenance manual for this scoot - any ideas?
    Thank you & stay up-right!
    Axel aka dukdukman

Hi Axel,
    In the US they are sold by at least one dealer. They appear to be in DVD format with the basic disc costing $72.07 then an additional $16.10 for the 600 Sport. The newer 650 Sport model isn't listed but it must be available, possibly at a different price as for some reason the GT specific manual is $33.03 additional. I've also seen them available on that internet auction site which shall remain nameless for $29.99. Those come from Italy.

Great info! Thanks toomuchvinyl - I shall polish up on my Italian ....
    Axel in Australia
    Life is short - so donít be a dick!
    http://axelhleo.wordpress.com

Another hello from Melbourne. Just bought a second hand C600 Sport. I haven't ridden it, so I'm hoping I like it.

Looking forward to reading about all the intricacies on this forum.