Thread: Radiator Guard/Protection for BMW C650GT

Radiator Guard/Protection for BMW C650GT

Anyone installed a radiator protector for their C650GT? Where or what brand did you use? I know Dimotiv makes a variety of colors and styles and sells via website, eBay and Amazon. Any other options out there? Nothing has damaged the radiator yet but I've washed some debris out at times and it seems fairly exposed with little protection from something being thrown up from the road or the wheel.
    2014 C650GT Quartz Blue Metallic

I too am looking to protecr the radiator, and am looking for extended fender extender to do the job

After having the Dimotiv radiator guard that I bought on eBay probably over a year ago I finally installed it a few weeks ago when I replaced my tires. Removal of the fenderwell panel was pretty easy with wheel off, about 6 torx screws and a number of compression fasteners. The radiator guard clips over the top and has a foam like gasket that insulates it from the radiator frame. It fits over an existing mount on bottom, I added a zip tie to make sure it stays in place. It didn't come with instructions but is pretty easy to figure out once you get the fender panels off and see how it fits. As I recall it was a bit pricey, like $80-90 but was the only one I could find at the time. As I recall it was available in some brighter colors if you wanted to add some bling to the area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9441-1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	2180

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9439-1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	2181
    2014 C650GT Quartz Blue Metallic