Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How's your gas mileage?

Thanks again, everyone!!! Now that I know better about the reserve and such, it makes much more sense.

I do generally keep the wind screen as high as it will go, because it cuts down so dramatically on the wind noise, plus I generally am riding in town (around here, there is a stop light about every mile in each direction), so I am sure those two things are lowering it a bit.

As a side note, I was trying to do a slow speed cone weave today and ran over one just right so that I fell over and off the bike completely. Scratched the paint and broke off the end of the brake level. I guess she's broken in now... grateful my husband got something to help keep the edge of the fairing (do they call it a fairing on this bike?) protected. The good thing is that I managed to get her upright all by myself! I wasn't sure I'd be able to because I had never tried before.

Quote Originally Posted by tensixmom View Post
    Thanks again, everyone!!! Now that I know better about the reserve and such, it makes much more sense.

I do generally keep the wind screen as high as it will go, because it cuts down so dramatically on the wind noise, plus I generally am riding in town (around here, there is a stop light about every mile in each direction), so I am sure those two things are lowering it a bit.

As a side note, I was trying to do a slow speed cone weave today and ran over one just right so that I fell over and off the bike completely. Scratched the paint and broke off the end of the brake level. I guess she's broken in now... grateful my husband got something to help keep the edge of the fairing (do they call it a fairing on this bike?) protected. The good thing is that I managed to get her upright all by myself! I wasn't sure I'd be able to because I had never tried before.
    As long as YOU are not hurt ... that's all that matters ... every machine can be replaced (you can't .... you are irreplaceable)!
    2016 C650 GT in Custom Ruby Red Metallic CC

Quote Originally Posted by Bornfree View Post
    As long as YOU are not hurt ... that's all that matters ... every machine can be replaced (you can't .... you are irreplaceable)!
    Thank you... just a scrape on my knee through my jeans and a hurt pride more than anything. Now we just need touch up paint, which is actually seeming rather difficult to find. I assumed I could go to the BMWMotorrad website and order some... but I am thinking that's not going to work!