Thread: Windscreen height

Windscreen height

A recent post made me think of where "should" the windscreen be placed. I have the top of it about eye height when I'm in the saddle and that ends up being at the uppermost position. But I have to say my head is still being buffeted which causes a lot of fatigue after even only a couple hours in the saddle. I'm only 5'8" (173 cm). You have to figure taller folks would have an issue with the bike...so how high "should" it be?

If your @ 5-8” I would say the screen is too high. I’m 5-10” and never fully extent the wind screen.

Stock windscreen? I use the CalSci and get zero buffeding.
    There's nothing like looking when you're trying to find something.
    - The Gaffer

CalSci?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPort View Post
    Stock windscreen? I use the CalSci and get zero buffeding.
    Did you go through the Calsci height thingy? Boiled down, the top of the screen should be in a line from your eyes in your normal riding position and a mark on the street 45 feet in front of you. So, after reading that, I definitely have the screen too high. The C600 only has 3 position adjustment, so I'll drop it one spot. When I see yours I may opt of a calsci after I see how it differs from stock (Calsci actually doesn't list the C600, but I suspect one for a C650GT would do just fine).

I am 5'9" and got the medium. All the way down I get air just down to the bottom of my helmet which is perfect for venting. Just below eye level - no wind. All the way up for my pillion to get no air buffeting.
    There's nothing like looking when you're trying to find something.
    - The Gaffer

Paced off 15 steps (about 45 feet) from the front wheel and looked. Top of the screen is a bit below the 45 foot spot in my normal riding position with the screen in the middle spot with the stock screen. Took a ride around the block. Wind is striking me just above my eyes (can tell because I wear a half helmet and today it was COLD out riding). I already know that higher has wind buffeting me; so I'll try in the middle spot for a while. Bike sure does look more sporty with it lower.