Thread: How many of you ride both your scooter and a motorcycle?

How many of you ride both your scooter and a motorcycle?

It sounds like many of you are motorcycle riders as well as scooter riders. For those people- how difficult do you find it to transition back and forth? I got my endorsement on a very small motorcycle but have only ridden a scooter since then and I am worried about making the transition to shifting and different braking. What has your experience been?

I thought I'd have a problem, but I switch between three different PTWs:
    C650GT: Turn signal on left thumb, left lever is the rear brake, no shifting required.
    K1200LT: Left turn button on left grip, right turn button on right grip, cancel on right. Left lever is the clutch, and there is a shift lever by my left foot.
    Zero S: No lever at all on left grip, no shifter by left foot. Turn signals same as the C650GT

Strangely enough, I never get confused hopping off of one to the other.
    Jaime A. Cruz
    Nassau Wings Motorcycle Club
    http://www.nassauwings.org
    http://www.freddysrun.org

I have 1 motorcycle and 2 scooters Honda MC BMW 650 gt and A Gilera fuoco MP 3 500 3 wheels
    AKA Bill Steele

I switched off between a CGT a Harley Road King, and a KLR 650. 3 different weights, seat heights, and COGs. I didn't have a problem.

Well, I now have the 2016 C650GT and the added 2016 R1200RT. The scooter is almost as large as the RT. For me, the RT obviously has shifting, and a lot more throttle. Coming to a stop in traffic on the scooter is a no brainer, however with any motorcycle there’s downshifting. Braking isn’t really an issue, and with the motorcycle one can also “brake” by downshifting.
    "Chance favors the prepared mind" Louis Pasteur

My other bike is a 2008 Honda Goldwing.

I started out with 2013 BMW scooter then added 2014 RT and about two years ago, I added 2015 K1600 GTL Exclusive for 2 up riding. I have no problems transtioning between the scooter and the motorcycle. In some ways the scooter is better to handle the New York city area traffic. Thanks to the automatic, I can merge tight gaps of traffic where the motorcycle with the clutch, I wouldn't take so risks. I have more of an issue with the between the RT and the GTL. The clutch on the GTL is much more slipper than the RT.