Thread: Rode A Customized Victory Vegas

Rode A Customized Victory Vegas

I've been exclusively on the wonderful GT since 2014. Today a friend needed me to ride his Victory Vegas about 30 miles customized by Arlen Ness. Most of it was unfortunately on the freeway. Its a big V-Twin with no windshield. The 30 minute ride felt like 4 hours. Arms and wrists sore. Back sore. There were nice forward foot pads but it took *lots* of effort to keep them there at speed so my legs were sore. Felt like I was gonna get blown off the bike from the wind and I hung on for dear life! So. I'm apparently not in that buying demographic. Partly funny - partly serious - if this was what riding was about I'd be on 4 wheels all the time.

While I was quietly suffering along - I got lots of looks, amazing respect and waves from the other "cool bikers" like I never get on the GT. Go figure.
    Last edited by TwoPort; 05-13-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    There's nothing like looking when you're trying to find something.
    - The Gaffer

That was my thought the first time I got on a scoot. Like, where has this been? Like paying an arm and leg for a Vetter fairing back in the 70s. BFF is the only way to ride for me now. (Both Feet Forward).

I caught an UBER yesterday after dropping off my scoot for service. The driver asked me why was I at a scooter dealership. She asked me, "don't you ever want to ride a real motorcycle?" I asked her if she ever has ridden a VESPA or BMW scooter.... "No", she said.

So sad what people are missing out on...

New definition:

Machochism- "to revel in manly pain induced by uncomfortable rides, ideally while dressed like a Pirate with essentially no safety gear"