Thread: Needing an urgent help

Needing an urgent help

Hi everyone,

I'm buying a 06/13 in a couple of days with 57000km (35400mi). Few things that i have spotted are both of the front shocks are leaking(not a lot)
    When the bike is idling i can hear a clacking noise coming from the clutch (I THINK) like a washing machine on it's last drying cycle, but when I hit the throttle and drive it off the soung is gone. Full service history comes with the bike and the owner (1 owner from new) said that the big service was done at 50k. The reason that i need from you all your expertise, experiances and your help as to what is the "life span" of these Maxi scooters? what i'm I getting into? is 57k way too high?

Thanking you all in advance,,,,,

Panos

My 2013 is just hitting 36,000 and runs fine. It does seem a little "knocky" sounding at idle but I think its the engine and not a clacking noise from the CVT. Elsewhere on this site you'll see there are potential issues related to a bearing off the CVT shaft that you could solve by taking it apart and looking at it. If that checks out okay you are probably fine. They do make different noises than other bikes with a manual clutch.
    There's nothing like looking when you're trying to find something.
    - The Gaffer

Thank you, I really appreciate your help. Are you hitting 36000 miles or kms?

Thank you.

hi, the sound you hear is from the weights in the variator...
    $75 for new DrPulley weights and its solved... the leaking of suspension is probably is that the scooetr had been sitting to long (the seals stick after a while when you dont use the scooter for a certain time)

those scooters will last a long time, they just need mantaince...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would be miles not kilometers on a US bike. Good luck with your scooter, mine's been excellent after a couple of recalls were done in a late 2013. Runs and handles better than the Honda Silverwing 600 or Burgman 650. Easier to work on than the Burgman, though not quite as simple as working on the Honda SW.
    2013 C650GT 1994 K1100LT

Mine get a lot of complement, I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Panos Asimakopoulos View Post
    Thank you, I really appreciate your help. Are you hitting 36000 miles or kms?

Thank you.
    Sorry for the delay - miles.
    There's nothing like looking when you're trying to find something.
    - The Gaffer