Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's The Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Skutorr View Post
    He recently bought an NC700 DCT out of Arizona and LOVES it. It used to be his favorite all-rounder, as he also has the new Kawi 400 Ninja and a Victory Octane, and a NEW BIKE.

Attachment 2243
    His 2018 Honda NC750 DCT, one of only 4 that were available in the state of California. It's a quantum leap even BETTER than the NC700 DCT.
    I've been thinking about adding one. Good to know about the 750 vs the 700. Interesting alternative - or addition - to a touring scooter.

I could not be more happy with my Honda NM4 70+ mph quicker than my 650 Sport and every time I take it to 2 wheels @ Suches it gets more attention and looks than any bike there.

I had a NC700 DTC a few years and Iím convinced itís the best dollar value of any bike in its category. I paid only around $6k out the door. It comes with s giant trunk for all your crap. I sold it to get my NM4 which is a keeper.

My brother still has the NC700 and the new NC750. There is NO comparison between the two, the 750 is in a different class than the 700; Engine smoothness, power, transmission smoothness and multiple modes, upgraded much better suspension, clearer bodywork, MUCH better exhaust, etc., etc.

The NC750 is an amazing bike. And, he's getting over 70 MPG!

Quote Originally Posted by Skutorr View Post
    My brother still has the NC700 and the new NC750. There is NO comparison between the two, the 750 is in a different class than the 700; Engine smoothness, power, transmission smoothness and multiple modes, upgraded much better suspension, clearer bodywork, MUCH better exhaust, etc., etc.

The NC750 is an amazing bike. And, he's getting over 70 MPG!
    I would not think that 75cc would make that much difference. My old NC 700 had 51 hp and I read the new 750 only has 47 hp. ???

Regarding the smoothness, not sure you knew but Honda deliberately built in that 270 degree roughness firing to simulate the vibration and sound of a V twin.

That's to simulate the feel of a v-twin, but it received poor reviews for the excessive shaking (DUH!). Honda immediately redesigned the engine (everywhere but North America, we got it YEARS later after they unloaded the 700 engines on us...), adding a SECOND balance shaft and stroking the engine, increasing torque, horsepower and mileage all at the same time. That's just in the engine. The DCT was completely reworked and upgraded and is close to flawless now. It really feels like a different bike, with MUCH more of an improvement than the difference between a C600 Sport and C650 Sport. On another forum, someone who SOLD their NC700 because of the shortcomings and bought another motorcycle, sold IT to buy the NC750. It's that much better...

Yeah they are always improving stuff - but there was nothing wrong with the NC700 engine there is hundreds of thousands of them out there which are trouble free. I had my NC700 for 3 years never missed a lick and i still own my NM4.

Keep in mind there's always going to be a little "Hollywood" from Honda and all their fake so-called expert reviewers to make anything new to be made out much better. It's highly unlikely the engine is actually any better than the original. From what I'm reading the old engine has more HP - whats the deal?

Here's a shot of both my girls side by side - you can see just how aerodynamic the NM4 is.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0530.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	715.6 KB 
ID:	2257  
    Last edited by Low On Cash; 09-06-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Love the NM4 backrest design! look who copied it:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kymco-c-series-adventure-scooter-759x500.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	2259

Hey it works - on long rides I just slide forward and put my full back on the rest with my feet on those big floorboards and cruise!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n3 copy.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	262.4 KB 
ID:	2260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n8 copy.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	355.3 KB 
ID:	2261