Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noise When Cold

I had the BMW dealer replace my spring tensioner with the hydrolic one. Clatter disappeared in favor of different noises. I ordered the guide rail in case it needed to be replaced as well, but mine were OK (they have to come from Germany, so rather than let my bike be held hostage for an extra month, it was worth the exercise of staging all the parts first). Bike feels and rides like new again (but that could also be the new tires. There still isn't another scooter in the marketplace that is as pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Thom Davis View Post
    I had the BMW dealer replace my spring tensioner with the hydrolic one. Clatter disappeared in favor of different noises. I ordered the guide rail in case it needed to be replaced as well, but mine were OK (they have to come from Germany, so rather than let my bike be held hostage for an extra month, it was worth the exercise of staging all the parts first). Bike feels and rides like new again (but that could also be the new tires. There still isn't another scooter in the marketplace that is as pretty.
    Totally agree on that. I'm doing it my self but, I don't have to much time to work on the bike. I will do it on Saturday,and I have a video of the broken part.
    2017 BMW C 650 GT Black Storm Metallic.

Just finished installing the new HYDRAULIC CHAIN TENSIONER, and so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by mike55 View Post
    I had this noise when cold and letting off the throttle. Turned out to be a faulty cam chain tensioner. Dealer fitter a revised hydraulic one and solved the problem.
    Same here (2016 GT). It was under warranty so no charge.
    2016 C650 GT in Custom Ruby Red Metallic CC

Quote Originally Posted by Thom Davis View Post

This. I replace my spring tensioner with the hydrolic one. Clatter disappeared in favor of different noises.