Thread: Seat pad

Seat pad

Anyone found a seat pad - air or other that fits a C650GT and works well? Looking at a very long ride and it was suggested to alter the pressure points to make sitting more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 C650GT Quartz Blue Metallic

If you can't find anything a piece of foam rubber cut to shape will make the tushy cushy. I cut a triangular piece of foam, covered it with fabric cut from a tote bag and put it on a bike I had years ago. It sure helped on a long ride.
    2013 C650GT 1994 K1100LT

Quote Originally Posted by exavid View Post
    If you can't find anything a piece of foam rubber cut to shape will make the tushy cushy. I cut a triangular piece of foam, covered it with fabric cut from a tote bag and put it on a bike I had years ago. It sure helped on a long ride.
    https://purple.com/seatcushions/buy?type=Everywhere

Someone said they used this I have one of their regular ones for my work vehicle

I ended up up finding and using the Speedmetal Gel seat pad from Revzilla. The size large fit about perfect. I used it on my Iron Butt ride and had no issues. It did raise seat height about 1/2 inch so being shorter, that created a difference in reaching the ground. I probably wonít use it everyday, no issues on short or moderate rides but will use on longer rides.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...l-gel-seat-pad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have found that at 6’ 2” with a 34” inseam I was setting too far forward. I removed the backrest or whatever BMW calls it, and put on a Aerostich sheepskin pad. Of course the problem now is the exposed screw holes and steel structure under the seat. The good news is the sheepskin works great. I’ve been using sheepskin for years and they work great.....but the seat under the skin looks pretty bad. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

LDR

Probably not an answer to you LDR but my cousin who did the Iron Butt ride with me on his 1200RT used the beads on his seat and he said they worked great, better than anything else he tried. I am not a fan of the look of the beads but I guess if the work, function wins over looks.

Iím considering a taller backrest as I think this could help add some additional options for seating comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by bicyclenut View Post
    Probably not an answer to you LDR but my cousin who did the Iron Butt ride with me on his 1200RT used the beads on his seat and he said they worked great, better than anything else he tried. I am not a fan of the look of the beads but I guess if the work, function wins over looks.

Iím considering a taller backrest as I think this could help add some additional options for seating comfort.

Iíve used beads in the past and while a little ugly, they do work good in keeping your butt dry with their excellent air circulation. Iím thinking about using some 1/2Ē square tubing and 4Ē m6 bolts to raise the backrest, that might help a little.

Ldr

Well, I tried the square tube and longer bolts and it didn’t improve a thing, just caused the pelvis pad to hit you a little higher. Oh well.....

Utopia was listing a backrest and mount for the 650Gt.