Thread: Gonna keep her!

Gonna keep her!

I had my 2013 GT posted on Craigslist and got a real response today. The fellow had the cash but I kinda convinced him the bike was too tall for him and he decided he'd look for something else. Yes, I copped out. I just couldn't sell this scooter when it came down to it. I'd spent a half hour spiffing it up for the fellow to see and as I was doing it I just didn't feel like I'm ready to hand up the helmet yet. Afterwards I took the scoot out on one of our more twisty roads and let her run, might even have set a new record for me on that stretch. Sure felt good.
    2013 C650GT 1994 K1100LT

Good Keep that Baby - this forum needs some activity. Most of the guys who have these machines are dead beats!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by exavid View Post
    I had my 2013 GT posted on Craigslist and got a real response today. The fellow had the cash but I kinda convinced him the bike was too tall for him and he decided he'd look for something else. Yes, I copped out. I just couldn't sell this scooter when it came down to it. I'd spent a half hour spiffing it up for the fellow to see and as I was doing it I just didn't feel like I'm ready to hand up the helmet yet. Afterwards I took the scoot out on one of our more twisty roads and let her run, might even have set a new record for me on that stretch. Sure felt good.
    Great! For all the negative comments on costs, reliability, etc. etc. I find it hard to find a machine that has the versatility and ability of the C650GT/C600. Daily commuter to long distance tourer, I know my motorcycle buddies sometimes envy the storage, comfort and easy shiftless riding. About the only thing it canít do is the off-road riding of a GS or similar bike. Iíve been casually looking to get a motorcycle but it would be an addition to the C650GT and not a replacement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2014 C650GT Quartz Blue Metallic

I love mine too! but i think i will move on to the new R1250 GS AVD or Ducati 1260 AVD.
    2017 BMW C 650 GT Black Storm Metallic.

Quote Originally Posted by bicyclenut View Post
    Great! For all the negative comments on costs, reliability, etc. etc. I find it hard to find a machine that has the versatility and ability of the C650GT/C600. Daily commuter to long distance tourer, I know my motorcycle buddies sometimes envy the storage, comfort and easy shiftless riding. About the only thing it can’t do is the off-road riding of a GS or similar bike. I’ve been casually looking to get a motorcycle but it would be an addition to the C650GT and not a replacement.

It make sense!

I plan on keeping it 7 years. The length of my extended warranty. As its gone so far - I'll get another one.
    There's nothing like looking when you're trying to find something.
    - The Gaffer

Quote Originally Posted by bicyclenut View Post
    Great! For all the negative comments on costs, reliability, etc. etc. I find it hard to find a machine that has the versatility and ability of the C650GT/C600. Daily commuter to long distance tourer, I know my motorcycle buddies sometimes envy the storage, comfort and easy shiftless riding. About the only thing it can’t do is the off-road riding of a GS or similar bike. I’ve been casually looking to get a motorcycle but it would be an addition to the C650GT and not a replacement.

I agree 100%. I'm trying to keep my wandering eye in check too, thankfully nothing else really compares!

All these comments are great because I think BMW scooters are probably one of the easiest bikes to ride ever. Ive had mine for 2 years now and asolutely enjoy every ride. I drive the California freeways all the time in rush hour doing bumper to bumper traffic alot with lane splitting and would never again have a bike I have to shift. Its a pain in the butt. I have touring bikes and crotch rockets pass me all the time and give me that look while Im doing 75 like "wait what is that"? Call me lazy but these scooters are the only way to ride! There's a reason they invented the automatic transmission for the auto in like 1940 because people got tired of shifting.
    Life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% of how you respond to it.

Quote Originally Posted by San Diego Surfer View Post
    All these comments are great because I think BMW scooters are probably one of the easiest bikes to ride ever. Ive had mine for 2 years now and asolutely enjoy every ride. I drive the California freeways all the time in rush hour doing bumper to bumper traffic alot with lane splitting and would never again have a bike I have to shift. Its a pain in the butt. I have touring bikes and crotch rockets pass me all the time and give me that look while Im doing 75 like "wait what is that"? Call me lazy but these scooters are the only way to ride! There's a reason they invented the automatic transmission for the auto in like 1940 because people got tired of shifting.
    Totally agree with you!

...and that's why Honda is rewriting the rule book with their DCT. Much more to come!