Thread: C600 - new owner, how to check recalls

C600 - new owner, how to check recalls

Hi all, I recently bought used C600 Sport 2012 model. Previous owner had it since new, however, he passed away and his wife sold this bike to me. She didn’t know much about the bike, so I was wondering if there is a way how to check if both recalls - chain tensioner and front brake line - were done in the past? When I look at servicing history in owner’s manual, there are only regular servicing records, nothing specific.
    I am assuming all was done when the recall came out, but I would like to double check.
    Should I call the dealer it was bought from (assuming all servicing was done there)?

Other question - in case these parts were not replaced, would I be still eligible for a free replacement?

Thanks
    Kris

One of the nice things about BMW motorrad is that they do keep computer records of each bike. So, go into the local dealership and give them the VIN and they'll look it up for you. There were a couple other things done as well. The heater control switch and the side stand switch were also replaced. Side stand switch is very important...don't want the bike cutting off while riding. RE: free replacement...if recalled, they should be covered.

Thank you, Thom. I will stop by in a near dealership.

And in case the engine cuts off while riding, is there a technique to restart the engine without stopping completely?

It may not restart at all until the switch is dried out...according to the bulletin, water can get into the original switch and cause it to operate, making the bike inoperable because the side switch prevents ignition.