Thread: Hello from Carson City, Nevada, USA

Hello from Carson City, Nevada, USA

Iíve wanted a BMW maxi scooter since the day they first came out. I love everything about them, but I gave up hope of ever finding one in my price range. I bought a Vespa GTS as a very nice alternative dream scooter. As fate would have it, the very next week a young lady right in my backyard (Reno) advertised a low-mileage (920) 2016 C650 for an incredibly low price. It still has the manufacturerís warranty as well as an additional 4-year extended warranty. My awesome wife encouraged me not to pass up the opportunity, so I am now the happy owner of a new-to-me C650. I just discovered this site so looking forward to participating in what appears to be a great forum.

Welcome to the forum. It's pretty dead around here but the members here are nice and helpful . . .

Congrats on your C650. I just got mine a few weeks ago.
    2000 BMW K1200RS
    2004 BMW R1100S
    2005 BMW K1200S
    2016 BMW F800GT
    2018 BMW R9T Pure
    2018 BMW C650GT

Quote Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
    Welcome to the forum. It's pretty dead around here but the members here are nice and helpful . . .

Congrats on your C650. I just got mine a few weeks ago.
    Thanks for the welcome. The board does seem to be significantly less active than the Vespa board. However, I canít imagine there are a ton of BMW scooters out there as compared to other scooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. The board does seem to be significantly less active than the Vespa board. However, I can’t imagine there are a ton of BMW scooters out there as compared to other scooters.
    I have to believe the Vespa-to-BMW scooter ratio is at least 10,000 to 1.

Two other pretty good sources for BMM scooters (hope I don't get in trouble for referencing other forums):

- https://forums.bmwmoa.org/forumdisplay.php?83-Scooters (but you have to be a BMW MOA member -- there's a free trial period of 3 months)

- https://advrider.com/f/forums/battle-scooters.36/
    2000 BMW K1200RS
    2004 BMW R1100S
    2005 BMW K1200S
    2016 BMW F800GT
    2018 BMW R9T Pure
    2018 BMW C650GT

Welcome... Enjoy the ride. You're gonna love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgebri60 View Post
    Welcome... Enjoy the ride. You're gonna love it.
    Thanks! This scooter is awesome. My only glitch so far is I forgot I left the expandable storage down and it wouldnít start. I came very close to having it towed to the BMW until the previous owner clued me in.

Congrats! You are the proud owner of the no-longer-imported Sport Model, the upgraded better-looking one (compared to the earlier body style...). THAT'S the one to get (outsells the GT 10:1 in Europe...) and now it's a collector's item!

Did you get the White, Black or Valencia Orange Sport??
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-BMW-C650-Sport2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	236.6 KB 
ID:	2364

Quote Originally Posted by Skutorr View Post
    Congrats! You are the proud owner of the no-longer-imported Sport Model, the upgraded better-looking one (compared to the earlier body style...). THAT'S the one to get (outsells the GT 10:1 in Europe...) and now it's a collector's item!

Did you get the White, Black or Valencia Orange Sport??
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-BMW-C650-Sport2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	236.6 KB 
ID:	2364
    Thanks! Wow, I didnít realize it was the more rare of the two models. I would have been thrilled with either. Mine is Valencia orange. Iím really enjoying it. I havenít put many miles on the Vespa since buying the BMW.