Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Headlight burned out?

I have a few longer trips planned this year and am about to add a pair of Denali lights to give some back up for failed bulbs as well as improved coverage. Am planning to bypass CANBUS and hopefully not upset it in the process. Everyone's comments here have just confirmed CANBUS is just like my wife, very efficient but bypass at your peril!

I am on my 4th low beam bulb . . . . they go out about every 6,000 miles. My current bulb has been in a bit longer. The battery is always fully charged because I ride my bike almost daily. The bulbs burn out.

Hi Jaime. Trying to do my first bulb replacement. Do you actually just pull the connector out? No need to open the cover of that plug?

I just put in my second low beam bulb this year.

Thread revisit. At 13000 miles I just put the forth low beam lamp in. As anyone found a better lamp yet?

I'm probably jinxing myself here but... I haven't had to replace a bulb in well over a year now. Last bulb was just some generic 55 watt H4 bulb I picked up at a service station because I NEEDED a bulb "right now." I don't even remember the brand but it has held up better than any of the expensive Sylvania bulbs I used as replacements.
    Jaime A. Cruz
    Nassau Wings Motorcycle Club
    http://www.nassauwings.org
    http://www.freddysrun.org

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeC View Post
    I'm probably jinxing myself here but... I haven't had to replace a bulb in well over a year now. Last bulb was just some generic 55 watt H4 bulb I picked up at a service station because I NEEDED a bulb "right now." I don't even remember the brand but it has held up better than any of the expensive Sylvania bulbs I used as replacements.
    Thats funny. I was thinking the same thing a couple weeks ago. Expensive ones burned out quickly so I got cheapos at Walmart and they are still good. Go figure.
    There's nothing like looking when you're trying to find something.
    - The Gaffer

Still on what I assume to be OEM bulbs since I purchased used with ~1000 miles, 7800 miles and 13 months use and never replaced either headlamp (of course now one WILL fail tomorrow for sure) I keep wanting to replace them with higher color temperature bulbs to be closer to LED Auxiliary lights but knowing the shorter life of these bulbs and hearing issues on forum, makes me want to just stick with OEM.
    2014 C650GT Quartz Blue Metallic

I have replaced my low beam bulb twice in 22000 plus miles I just go to the local auto parts store and get a new bulb for about $7.00. The first time I did it took about 45 mins. To a hour 2nd time about 20 minutes, the hardest part is getting the holding clip on the back of the bulb holder
    AKA Bill Steele

I find that I go through a low beam bulb about every 5,000 miles. I Was thinking that it was because I wasn't waiting for the little orange triangle to go away before trying to start the bike. Then I thought maybe my thumb slipping off of the starter button caused one or two of them to fry. I'm at 36,000 miles now, and it still seems that I need a bulb every 5K.