Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any suggestion to lower ride height?

had my heated seat worked on by John Longo a seat magician in Maaryland near D.C. it made such a difference i now love the scoot. I also have a guy who will have a custom shock made in Germany for the 650GTto lower it more.

I'm a believer in custom seats. It has been a game changer for me as well. So far as lowering the bike, my understanding is that there is only 4.5 inches of suspension travel in the rear so any lowering might mean the suspension would have to be stiffened up to avoid bottoming out. I'm hoping to get a wilbers custom shock this spring when I save my quarters.

http://www.beemershop.com/Merchant5/...de=630-1086-XX
    Last edited by TwoPort; 12-14-2015 at 05:01 PM.
    There's nothing like looking when you're trying to find something.
    - The Gaffer

I wouldn't lower the GT. I'm about 200lbs and had to set the spring to its highest setting to avoid scraping those little tapered guards on the center stand in the twisties. In fact I had to replace the one on the right side of the center stand because it was just about half way ground off.
    2013 C650GT 1994 K1100LT

When I wasa kid and learning how to ride a bicycle, I would always stop next to a curb stone.This might have motorcycle applications.

I lowered mine by sliding the fork tubes up about 1 1/2" . MUCH better. No adverse effects.
    Awaiting rear spring to get another inch lower.

koehlerba, any pictures showing how this is done? Sounds very interesting if there’s no adverse effects. I wouldn’t mind giving that a try.