Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Was it worth it? Save $1000 or get the Heated Seat?

I only have one winter with it, but, for me, it wasn't necessary. Then again, it took me about 9,000 miles and a different windshield to really appreciate the electronic adjustment. So, we'll see if I change my tune on the benefits of a heated seat after this upcoming winter.

The first bike with heated grips was the FJR, said I would not own a bike without them. Now I have also got a heated seat I would not have a bike with out the seat. The lower seat does not have heat, when I had my seat work done I got a look at the heating pad. It is only 1/16 inch thick, do not understand why BMW could not put a heater in unless it is a problem with the seat pan and connector.
    Last edited by Dale; 10-24-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    I agree with you on both points BUT the only thing was that $1000 difference was me buying the C600 in full same day. So it wasn't $20/month, it was more of $1000 take it or leave it.

I'm used to riding in cold weather with the Vespa and never needed anything heated, except proper clothing and a Tucano apron, but I just wasn't sure if I lost out on a great investment.
    So, you are a believer in the benefits of the apron as well. I have had one on my Lambretta (scooterskirt) and seriously what was the deal maker for me was the factory motorrad apron for the BMW. I highly recommend it, but I'm guessing you've already thought about it. Welcome to the club. What color did you get?

I had both seats i found the heated seat more comfortable tome it was worth every penny.

Here, the warm sunshine heats our seats...

Yes worth it
    AKA Bill Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdog View Post
    I didn't know they imported any scooters without the heated seat. Are you sure it doesn't have the heated seat? Is there a switch on the side of the rear seat?
    That's what I thought as well. I assumed when my dealer said "there is no heated seat but heated grips on this one" I assumed it's an accessory you can install. It's either made with or without them, not an add on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Forbes View Post
    So, you are a believer in the benefits of the apron as well. I have had one on my Lambretta (scooterskirt) and seriously what was the deal maker for me was the factory motorrad apron for the BMW. I highly recommend it, but I'm guessing you've already thought about it. Welcome to the club. What color did you get?
    I'm a firm believer of the apron. Once I got a windscreen and apron after 3 years of riding, it changed my ride completely in the winter... I don't know how I did it without anything for 3 winters. I got Alpine White by the way.

Knowing how great the Tucano aprons are were one of the reasons I declined the heated seat... Especially since it would cost me $1000 JUST for the seat.

I can't recommend enough the motorrad apron. I forget what I paid because I added it to my bike when I bought it. It is different than some of the others in that it's more of a rubberized fabric than a quilted Gore-tex. It does have a clip in panel of fabric positioned right over your legs to keep the cold from transferring through the rubber outer. I think it looks good on the bike, it clips in unlike the tuscano. So you'll be removing the body panels to do the install if you choose the factory option vs aftermarket. Oddly enough I'm heading to my dealer tomorrow to pick up the apron for the missus 946 Vespa. One for all the bikes.
    Last edited by Xian Forbes; 10-24-2014 at 07:30 PM.

It was worth every penny used it today and it made the ride much better