Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Larger windscreen for C650GT

From the mpg thread

.....I lose about 3-5mpg with the Aeroflow. Plus it bounces around like kahrayzee when hitting truck turbulence. I may put the stock windshield back on to remind myself of why I made the switch.

Odd. My mpg was unchanged.
    Jaime A. Cruz
    Nassau Wings Motorcycle Club
    http://www.nassauwings.org
    http://www.freddysrun.org

I think my milage may have gone up a mile or two and just got back from the White Mtns. In NH I was glad to have the shield while traveling down I 91 at 80 mph plus had no wobble it really makes a big difference on long trips we did 900 miles over 5 days there and back did quite a bit of hiking and eating while there.
    AKA Bill Steele

I definitely noticed a 3 mpg reduction at the lowest position. Fully up it's -5 mpg but for those occasions there is good reason. One, my wife wants up it to keep air off her in the back. Two, trying to manage a phone call and keeping it quiet.

As a side note, I've figured out the Bose noise cancelling in ears work to make the ride super quiet. But they do stick out a bit so I have to make sure they are adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveADV View Post
    From the mpg thread

.....I lose about 3-5mpg with the Aeroflow. Plus it bounces around like kahrayzee when hitting truck turbulence. I may put the stock windshield back on to remind myself of why I made the switch.
    The CalSci does not bounce around. It is really stable itself even around trucks, and stabilize the bike vs. the stock "sport" model that came on my GT. Hmm. Do all Aeroflow's do this? I was thinking about getting one to discharge my nervous energy that comes from reading this forum about all the stuff I didn't buy...

I haven't noticed my Aeroflow shaking any more than the original stock screen, even around trucks. One thing I have noticed with the Aeroflow is that I don't have to raise it as high as I did the stock screen to avoid turbulence. The flow over the screen is ALWAYS smooth so I don't get any helmet buffeting. That leaves me free to raise or lower it based on how hot or cold I'm feeling rather than just to eliminate NOISE.

Since that means I normally leave the Aeroflow lower than I did the stock screen, that MIGHT explain why I'm not seeing any change in MPG (and also why I might not be noticing any "shaking" either).
    Jaime A. Cruz
    Nassau Wings Motorcycle Club
    http://www.nassauwings.org
    http://www.freddysrun.org

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeC View Post
    .....One thing I have noticed with the Aeroflow is that I don't have to raise it as high as I did the stock screen to avoid turbulence. The flow over the screen is ALWAYS smooth so I don't get any helmet buffeting. That leaves me free to raise or lower it based on how hot or cold I'm feeling rather than just to eliminate NOISE....
    Hmmmm, that is the same thing I have experienced and is one thing I did not consider when I talked about my lower mpg. It is something I do now that I did not do with the stock windshield.

With the Aeroflow, I do actually use the electronic adjustment and it makes a big difference. I wonder what I am missing because while I get lower mpg there may be a factor that I am not taking into consideration. Regardless of mpg, I am VERY glad I bought the Aeroflow.

I bought the large size Aeroflow before I ever really established a mileage basis. However, my mileage has been slowly creeping up and has been 54-54.5 the last several tanks, as long as I avoid the interstate.

We'll have to have a MPG contest to see who can get the best mileage...150 mile minimum. 54 is pretty doggone good.

My best tank so far was 60.9 MPG, I use fuelly.com to calculate as the built in stuff is broken.