Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Gauge Issue

Fuel Gauge Issue

Has anyone ever gotten a legitimate answer from BMW about our fuel gauge issues? Since new, after fill up, if you don't wait 20 seconds between turning on the key and starting the bike, the fuel gauge never updates. The other issue is, regardless of how long you wait, if the fuel gauge is 3/4 or above, toping off never updates the fuel gauge. Acts likes it just never happened.

I've never had either of these issues. (Mine is a 2013 GT for what that's worth.) It must be annoying: you fill up and it shows no fuel was added. But you have me curious - I understand the "update" you're talking about must mean it does not show more fuel. On the empty side - does it eventually update on its way down and show the fuel light at the correct point of being empty? That you'd hate to miss for sure!
    There's nothing like looking when you're trying to find something.
    - The Gaffer

I have never experienced this problem either, although, I don't time my fuel to start time. Read the past posts on this, other people have had this problem.

On the secondary issue, you fill up, and the gauge never changes. You'll have a low fuel light inside of 100 miles.

I only had the issue once and that is when I filled up on the side stand, since then I always have the scooter vertical (I sit on it when filling).
    A bad day on the C650 GT Scooter is better than any day at work
    Keep your right hand cranked

I had the issue once in Sacramento on a very hot day. Dash read 117℉. After pulling over and resetting the bike, all was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by otbiker View Post
    On the secondary issue, you fill up, and the gauge never changes. You'll have a low fuel light inside of 100 miles.
    Dang. So then it's completely bogus showing you it needs fuel when it does not. I'd hate that.
    - The Gaffer

Quote Originally Posted by justscootin View Post
    I only had the issue once and that is when I filled up on the side stand, since then I always have the scooter vertical (I sit on it when filling).
    This brings up a thought. I've always fueled on the side stand. I'll try filling up on the center stand. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by otbiker View Post
    This brings up a thought. I've always fueled on the side stand. I'll try filling up on the center stand. Anyone else?
    I didn't get anything different from side or center so I always do side now.
    - The Gaffer

Side stand or center stand, I have never had an issue.